Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The First Lady's Travel Journal: Meeting with American and Chinese Students at Peking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Lady's Travel Journal: Meeting with American and Chinese Students at Peking

Note: This post is part of a series authored by First Lady Michelle Obama to share her visit to China with young people in the U.S. You can read all of the First Lady's posts at WhiteHouse.gov/First-Lady-China-Trip.
    "I hope you’ll keep...building bonds of friendship that will enrich your lives & enrich our world." —The First Lady, pic.twitter.com/uKX9jd2Vky
    — FLOTUS (@FLOTUS) March 22, 2014
    This morning, I had the privilege of visiting Peking University and speaking with Chinese students and American students studying abroad here in China. Peking University was founded more than a hundred years ago, in 1898, and it is one of China’s best-known universities. The American students in the audience today came from a number of different universities, and by studying here in China, they get to experience daily life in this country firsthand, practice their Chinese, and form lifelong friendships with Chinese students.
    As I said in my speech today, these experiences represent so much more than a fun way to spend a semester. In today’s increasingly global, interconnected economy, businesses here in America do business with, and compete with, businesses around the world. So these days, knowing a foreign language and being familiar with a foreign culture can actually be an important qualification for a job.
    read more

More...
Working...
X