X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech quietly launches $99 Harmony 510 universal remote

Filed under: Home Entertainment

We know, January wasn't that long ago, but in consumer electronics years, it's been forever since a new Harmony was revealed. For those of you already on the hunt for a sub-$100 gizmo to give to your favorite person this holiday season, Logitech is jonesing for your business with its entry-level Harmony 510 universal remote. You should know, however, that the IR remote operates just five devices (remember the "entry-level" bit we mentioned?), though it does boast an inbuilt LCD and a fair amount of buttons. Harmony freaks have already pointed out that this one looks almost like a repackaged 550, though your technology-challenged sibling / parent / colleague probably won't take the time to notice. Get those stockings stuffed early for $99.99 (MSRP) a pop.

[Via CNET]

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

To what should my wandering eyes appear, but 4 tiny buttons with colors so clear!

Drew should be happy! Wonder if he's seen this yet...

Comment

Actually when I was at CES I talked to the person who was in charge of designing the Harmony One and my number one complaint was lack of color buttons. I made my case and I left feeling like I'd convinced him. Looks like I was right

Comment

Stuart .. Great job Perhaps we should dub this the Harmony 510 "Sweet" edition ..

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Sweet View Post
          Actually when I was at CES I talked to the person who was in charge of designing the Harmony One and my number one complaint was lack of color buttons. I made my case and I left feeling like I'd convinced him. Looks like I was right
          They did finally update the Harmony One with colored circles in the touch screen that are properly mapped. The WAF went way up when they did that.

I have to admit, my One is about the closest to remote Nirvana... The 3 changes it needs to be perfect are:

1) Hard colored buttons
          2) RF capability
          3) Bluetooth capability so I can have on/off on my PS3 (although I'm getting close to a working macro)

Comment

I need: (In order of importance)
            RF (DIRECTV style)
            RF (DIRECTV style)
            RF (DIRECTV style)

I'm very disappointed the only remotes that can do DIRECTV RF are either too limited or $350.

Cheers,
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tibber View Post
              I need: (In order of importance)
              RF (DIRECTV style)
              RF (DIRECTV style)
              RF (DIRECTV style)

I'm very disappointed the only remotes that can do DIRECTV RF are either too limited or $350.

Cheers,
              Tom
              Tom,

I haven't looked before because I didn't think any universal remotes did RF (DIRECTV style)...what ones do?

Comment

I think the harmony 890 is the only one.

And now it's on sale--only $265-ish. Ouch!

Cheers,
                Tom

Comment

Working...
                X