X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC's Touch HD unveiled in very much official glory

Filed under: Cellphones, Handhelds

We're still sans a press release, but a friendly tipster found this quite official page at HTC's very own site, depicting the sexy Touch HD from every angle, with every spec exposed. The rumors were naturally spot on, but that doesn't mean we're any less enthused about the 3.8-inch 800 x 480 touchscreen, 5 megapixel camera, and 3.5mm audio jack. Connectivity-wise we've got Europe-friendly HSDPA, GPS / A-GPS, 802.11g WiFi (we weren't clear on that one before), Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR and a microSD slot. On the software side there's TouchFLO 3D on top of Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro. There's also a front-facing VGA camera for video calls, 512MB of ROM and 288MB of RAM. HTC expects the 1350 mAh battery to score you 390 minutes of 3G talk and 450 ours of 3G standby, with 120 minute video calls just for kicks. The phone measures 12mm thick. Still no word on availability, price, or how you're ever going to stop us from cramming Android onto this thing.

[Thanks, Jeff L.]
    Gallery: HTC's Touch HD unveiled in very much official glory

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Me want

Comment

Originally posted by AirRocker View Post
      Me want
      :eek2:

You know it's a Windows platform, right? :scratchin

Comment

Originally posted by tcusta00 View Post
        :eek2:

You know it's a Windows platform, right? :scratchin
        I know it's windows based, and I want it also. Maybe we can convert Airocker to become a PC

Comment

iphone is on a twice daily reset routine right now. I'm not a happy apple user.

Comment

Originally posted by tcusta00 View Post
            iphone is on a twice daily reset routine right now. I'm not a happy apple user.
            Can't say that I'm not a happy apple user, but definitely not a happy iPhone user... Bring on the Touch HD!!

Comment

and Now the Blackberry "Storm" or "thunder" is coming out next month too

Comment

Originally posted by Miami1683 View Post
                and Now the Blackberry "Storm" or "thunder" is coming out next month too
                Yeah... The first BB touchscreen... but it's only on Verizon...

Comment

I don't know that I'd want the first generation of their touchscreen device anyway. I'll give the iBug a little more time... maybe their software updates will fix some of these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by AirRocker View Post
                    Yeah... The first BB touchscreen... but it's only on Verizon...
                    I already have Verizon so i'm good. Oh and Tcusta00 RIm isn't like Aplle. They hae waited for the release untill its right. They aren't releasing it and then trying to fix it with patches :eek2:

Comment

Originally posted by Miami1683 View Post
                      I already have Verizon so i'm good. Oh and Tcusta00 RIm isn't like Aplle. They hae waited for the release untill its right. They aren't releasing it and then trying to fix it with patches :eek2:
                      RIM's got its own share of software issues on top of a mail server that goes down frequently and without warning:

I loved my BBs in general but hated the reliability (or lack thereof) of the mail server and the spinning hourglass of death.

I'm convinced all devices have horrible issues and it's up to the user to find the one that has the issues he/she can most patiently contend with.

Comment

Bad News

I was looking forward to this phone.. but the news isn't good. The USA market is not looked on favorably by the cell phone makers because of te service suppliers stupidity.

Apparently that is rearing its ugly head as the Touch HD "ain't comin here" http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/07/h...to-the-states/

Comment

Working...
                        X