This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you rather have?

A person I know from the Chicago area told me today that having had both (as of today) he would rather have a blizzard than an earthquake. What do you think?

Personally, I've lived in New England, I've had nor'easters and blizzards.
    I've lived in South Florida, I've had hurricanes.
    I've lived in California, I've had earthquakes.

Hurricanes, honestly are the best because you get a ton of warning. Days of warning. I mean no offense to anyone who lost everything in Katrina, but you do get a lot of warning, one must admit.

Earthquakes, they're over pretty fast. Sure there are aftershocks but most earthquakes are pretty much under a minute and then there is the cleanup.

Nor'easters hit you with a few hours warning and then you're stuck in the house for a week with no power. Yeah, give me an old-fashioned earthquake.

I've been through a couple of earthquakes, a blizzard or two, but have only experienced the fringes of a tropical storm.

I think I'll take the blizzard. When it's over, everything is pretty much still there, intact. Not so with an earthquake or hurricane.

Carl

Comment

I'd take a blizzard any day... unfortunately, we don't see much snow here at all...

Comment

You forgot Tornadoes, which spawn with little or no notice.

Had a few brushes with them already this year.

For those of you who would rather have 24 inches of snow.... in 8 hours......

Here's a thought from February of this year........

Better have a neighbor with a larger snowblower or you better not have a heart condition....

Comment

An earthquake, I dont like being cold.

Now if the choice were between an earthquake or a tornado, both of which can just happen, the earthquake wins again. At least after the earthquake you know where all your stuff is

Comment

Originally posted by jodyguercio View Post
            At least after the earthquake you know where all your stuff is
            On top of your broken-ass? !rolling

Comment

Originally posted by tcusta00 View Post
              On top of your broken-ass? !rolling
              Yea it might be, but at least it wont be four counties over in some cow pasture smashed to hell. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by jodyguercio View Post
                Yea it might be, but at least it wont be four counties over in some cow pasture smashed to hell. :lol:
                Four counties over = I don't have to clean it up. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by tcusta00 View Post
                  Four counties over = I don't have to clean it up. :lol:
                  True. :lol:

Comment

When I was younger I'd say hurricanes. In Okinawa, they'd keep us in the barracks and we'd drink beer for a few days while it hit. Now I'd say blizzard. I love the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by tfederov View Post
                      When I was younger I'd say hurricanes. In Okinawa, they'd keep us in the barracks and we'd drink beer for a few days while it hit. Now I'd say blizzard. I love the cold.
                      F'in jarheads..... :lol:

Comment

I'll take hurricanes. You have plenty of time to prep for them. If you get caught here without supplies. Shame on you.

Comment

I have lived threw them all and I say the blizzard. You get to play in it and miss school, sounds fun to me and you dont have to worry about cleaning anything up or finding any of your stuff cause its all still there.

Comment

Had earthquakes, tornadoes, mini-blizzards, and weak hurricane's. I vote earthquakes.

They happen the least, and typically don't have any bite to them. I'll take my chances with them...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_RED View Post
                              I have lived threw them all and I say the blizzard. You get to play in it and miss school, sounds fun to me and you don't have to worry about cleaning anything up or finding any of your stuff cause its all still there.
                              'Sigh'

OK here comes one of my famous rants....

Try liking that blizzard more when your living in 4 feet of snow and the power goes out for 3 days and it drops to -18 degrees F windchill and you have no power for heat. Then remember that you can't leave the house for safety with mom and dad because even if the roads were not closed you couldn't get your car out of the garage and into the driveway.

Or better yet in all of that nastiness, climb up to your roof to shovel it off and de-ice it because it is starting to leak and you can hear trusses starting to crack from the massive weight of the snow and ice.

The tell me again you prefer blizzard.... Your showing us your age... wanting to miss school.... :grin: :nono:

Comment

Working...
                              X